Mechanic 3rd Shift
Logistics | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Job Title: Shop Mechanic – 3rd Shift (10:00pm-6:30am)
Reports To: Director of Logistics
Job Location: Mattoon, IL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for all repairs and maintenance associated with RK Transportation’s equipment while staying in compliance with all Company, State and Federal rules and regulations.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests, identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules, installing component and part upgrades, controlling corrosion, and completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, components, parts or systems.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety and combustion control standards
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs
- Contains costs by using warranty and evaluating parts and service options
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value in job accomplishments
- 3-5 years of vehicle maintenance experience
- Engine experience on Cummins, Caterpillar, and Detroit is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Previous experience with truck maintenance and/or DOT regulations preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license to assist in moving vehicles; A CDL is preferred, but not required
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Microsoft Office
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.