Master Diesel Mechanic
Transportation | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Job Title: Master Diesel Mechanic
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Job Location: Waverly, OH
FLSA Status: Hourly - Non Exempt
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies; keeping records with proficiency in complete internal engine and drive-line repairs.
Job Duties and Essential Functions:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic test; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emissions, brake and steering.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drivers; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventative maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains cost by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certification or diploma in diesel mechanic or automotive engineering or any other related field preferred
- 4+ years of experience working as a heavy duty diesel mechanic with extensive internal engine and drive train work.
- Possess tools to accomplish repairs to semi-trucks and trailers.
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills.
- Awareness of operational safety requirements and ability to apply and follow procedures and requirements per regulatory bodies.
- Ability to detect technical malfunctions in the machines.
- Sound understanding of using all repair tools, equipment and testing machinery.
- Good visual acuity and the ability to communicate.
- Ability to sit stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Machines and Equipment Used:
- Basic computer skills and diagnostic software
- Electronic Logging Devices such as Peoplenet