Local Truck Driver
Transportation / DC / Truck Driving | Wooster, OH | Full Time
Class A CDL Drivers Needed!
We are currently seeking 2 Professional Drivers in the Wooster, OH area. Must be hardworking, dependable and passionate about customer service. Must be willing to work Monday through Friday daytime shifts.
Why Drive for RK Transportation?
- Local - Monday through Friday position
- Full Time Drivers Average $60,895 Annually
- .40-.47 CPM
- .03 CPM Safety Bonus
- Overnight, Detention, Layover Pay
- Rural King Shares Program with $300 Match
- 401K with Company Match
- $1,500 Referral Bonus
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life and Accident Insurance Options
- Paid Vacation and Holiday's
- No Touch Freight
- Passenger Program - 13 years and older
- 90% Drop and Hook
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Well maintained and safe equipment
- Direct Deposit
- Other great benefits such as YMCA discounts and STAR bonus program
About Us: Rural King Transportation is a private carrier hauling a variety of goods for Rural King Supply, we are located in Mattoon, IL and have been operating since 1960, with a strong growth plan we are continuing to grow and add qualified experienced professional drivers. We have terminals in Mattoon, IL and Waverly, OH with local, regional and OTR opportunities available.
- Operates equipment in accordance with DOT regulations and follows company procedures and policies, while adhering to all state, federal and local laws.
- On time delivery and the ability to manage routes and routines so they proceed in the most efficient way possible.
- Understand driver's hours of service regulations and properly complete a daily log book
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections on tractors and trailers and report defects found to maintenance personnel and other mechanical failures immediately.
- Communicates delivery specific information to transportation personnel to aid in territory planning and route maintenance
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving professionally, serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public
- Find ways to conserve resources, including fuel to benefit the business
- Other duties may be requested by management
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum of 1-year tractor trailer experience
- Valid CDL-A with current state of residence on license
- No moving violations within the last 2 years or reckless/careless driving violation within the last 3 years
- No speeding violations at or above 15 MPH over the posted speed limit in the last 5 years
- No revocation or suspensions related to moving violations, DUI/DWI, or felony convictions within the last 3 years
- No DOT record-able or preventable accidents of any kind within the last 3 years
- Must list 10 years of employment history, if applicable, on application
- Must be able to work independently and manage time effectively
- Must be able to obtain hazmat and tanker endorsement within 3 months of date of hire