Store Support (Corporate Office) | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Inventory Planner
Reports To: Director of Inventory Planning
Job Location: Store Support Center in Mattoon, IL
This position supports purchasing in the analysis, problem solving and testing of concepts to achieve optimal sales, profit and in stock of an assigned product category.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Execute Inventory plan as determined in the Open to Buy (OTB)
- Regularly review and refine criteria for replenishment purchase orders and warehouse allocations.
- Analyzes and reviews daily/weekly/monthly/yearly reports to identify inventory imbalances in existing and new orders while recommending corrections
- Monitor warehouse inventory levels, identify options and provide recommendations on supply chain and flow issues
- Monitor defective rates by Vendor and SKU and communicate variances from standard
- Develop and utilize standardized reporting in collaboration with other Analysts
- Insure items in Distribution Center (DC) meet criteria for what and how much is maintained in inventory
- Review and validate store specific requests as it pertains to changing order point levels.
- Review, analyze and monitor supplier lead-times to maximize in stock performance
- Analyze productivity by item in Planogram (POB) to support necessary space planning
- Identify most cost effective freight flow including internal supply-chain impacts
- Assist with preseason strategy development and vendor planning
- Continuously identify and test new concepts to solve new and existing problems
- Identify missed opportunities from previous season as it corresponds to lost sales due to Out of Stock and over inventory impacts to business
- Set up annual flow plans and maintain and update on a monthly basis
- Place the PO’s on the truckload/container programs as supported by flow plans
- Monitor seasonal sell through performance and 8-week rate of sale reports as needed
- Identify underperforming areas and recommend actions to the buyer and VP of Purchasing
- Analysis of department, class, item, vendor performance comparing like store, taking into account input from District Managers, and recommend vendor modifications.
- Recommend vendor SKU modification according to individual store performance
- Recommend adjustments based on trends from last season. Provide input on optimal size pack by SKU
- May have limited land and air travel not to exceed 10%
- May be required to perform other duties as needed or assigned
- 1-2 years of experience in retail buying or planning preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Products with advanced level proficiency with Excel
- Proven ability with Interpersonal Skills and Influencing others
- Ability to simplify and present complex information that leads to data driven decisions or action
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong problem solving, analytical and math skills.
- Able to independently organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.