Purchasing | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Inventory Planner
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Director of Inventory Planning
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Exempt Classification: Professional
Drive profitability and manage inventory with comprehensive analysis of the business and identification of local and regional opportunities. Make assortment-related recommendations to the buyers and VP of Purchasing. Develop and execute inventory plans by managing inventory flow based on sales and opportunity.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Inventory Management
- Execute Inventory plan
- Write replenishment purchase orders and confirm and coordinate deliveries with vendor
- Identify and enforce accountability plan with vendors not meeting ship dates
- Identify backorders and shipping errors and compensate merchandise plan accordingly
- Identify most cost-effective freight flow including internal supply-chain impacts
- Process Special Orders or execute inventory increases for specific customer or store needs
- Inventory Analysis
- Assist with preseason strategy development and vendor planning
- Maintain in-stock
- Maintain open-to-buy process
- Identify missed opportunities from previous season as it corresponds to lost sales due to Out of Stock and over inventory impacts to business
- Use analysis, input from regional managers, buyers, and management, and customer insight to recommend actions based on preferences and trends to drive sales.
- Identify underperforming areas and recommend actions to the buyer and VP of Purchasing.
- Vendor Analysis
- Analyze vendor performance by store, taking into account input from Regional Managers, and recommend vendor modifications.
- Recommend vendor SKU modification according to individual store performance
- Recommend adjustments based on trends from last season.
- Provide input on optimal size pack by SKU.
- Provide specific, timely in-season recommendations
- Review advertised items for upcoming sales and report stock issues to buying office for resolution.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 4 years of experience in retail buying or planning preferred
- Must be proficient with Excel and Report writers as well as creating reports from multiple data sources.
- Sales driven, passionate, and committed to excellence and high standards
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Effective fact-based negotiator who drives for results
- Demonstrates strong listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong math and analytical skills, with a focus on results.
- Able to independently organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for results
- Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire onboarding process remotely
- Ability to complete computer-based training
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all audiences
- Good visual acuity
- Close vision for computer work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times per day
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.