Logistics | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time and Part Time
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
Rural King is growing fast!
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 65+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the midwest.
This position will support the routing of freight inbound to both our distribution centers and direct to our stores. Our Logistics team routes our freight inbound from across the United States as well as overseas. Preferred hours are 8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Negotiate freight rates with our carriers to move product efficiently at an acceptable rate
- Enter routing requests and track them as they progress through the routing process
- Approve freight invoices and ensure their accuracy
- Communicate with buyers, stores and warehouse personnel to update on status of inbound freight
- Schedule appointments for inbound freight for product routed by both our vendors and logistics dept.
- Coordinate with RKT dispatch to assist in scheduling backhauls for our RK trucks
- Previous logistics experience preferred, including scheduling and tracking freight
- Ability to prioritize and multitask assignments
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Eager to learn and grow with the company
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- TMW will be used for planning software
- Microsoft Office