Human Resources Generalist
HR | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Human Resources Director for Store Operations & Store Support
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Exempt Classification: Administrative
This position is a key role for associates as it relates to Human Resources and Benefits for the Rural King Store Support Center. The HR Generalist will help lead human resources initiatives as well as benefit administration.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with associates to influence and provide effective HR and benefit processes, advice, clarification on policies, and support.
- Provide proactive support to management in areas of associate relations, benefits, policy administration, and performance management.
- Reinforce the leadership principles taught in Rural King’s Thrive Leadership Program.
- Maintain knowledge of labor laws and guidance related to the day-to-day management of associates.
- Based on associate feedback and surveys, make recommendations on improvements to increase associate satisfaction and engagement.
- Lead initiatives to decrease turnover and increase internal promotions.
- Reconcile benefit enrollments with payroll records and invoices.
- Proactively contact benefit plan participants to assess satisfaction and provide troubleshooting, if necessary.
- Coordinate benefits during associate leaves of absences.
- Coordinate submission of information to benefit vendor partners.
- Organize events and meetings related to benefits (flu shot clinic, turkey distribution, onsite mammograms).
- Gather data, prepare materials and presentations, and conduct training on benefits-related information for P&L and other meetings.
- Ensure all benefit information is up-to-date on Rural King’s associate websites and other visual communication.
- Assist with 401(k) administration, including searches for missing participants.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in daily decisions while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Use general office equipment.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- At least 3 years of human resources experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field OR equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Professional Human Resources Certification, or ability to obtain certification within a year.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current employment and compliance laws.
- Experienced with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (including V-look ups, pivot tables, and other moderate to advanced level skills).
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.