Human Resource Generalist
DC / Truck Driving / Transportation | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Job Title: Human Resource Generalist
Reports To: Transportation and Distribution HR and Safety Manager
Job Location: Waverly, OH Distribution Center
FLSA Status: Salaried – Exempt
Human Resource Generalist, you will handle our day-to-day human resource and some safety functions, with a large emphasis on recruiting and hiring. This position reports to the HR and Safety Manager for Transportation and Warehousing.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Hands-on Management of all Human Resource functions with a heavy emphasis on hiring, on-boarding and employee relations.
- Partner with the DC Manager to help coordinate and continue to improve safety awareness, hiring, employee relations, training and retention.
- Manage worker’s compensation and unemployment claims
- Manage all payroll punches and bonus programs
- Develop DC specific policies and procedures to help streamline processes and accountability.
- Assist with conducting internal investigations, including but not limited to harassment and theft.
- Coordinate benefits.
- Assist and educate the management team in maintaining legal compliance and ensure all federal/state laws are being followed.
- Coordinate with store support center
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral, while interacting with all levels of management at the DC and Store Support Center.
- Strong Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher.
- Prior Human Resource or Recruiting Experience.
- Knowledge of state/federal employment labor laws and regulations
- Must be effective in a team environment
- Good visual acuity and the ability to communicate
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Basic computer skills
- Rural King specific systems for time keeping, associate record keeping, training and information.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.