Hardware/Tools Department Manager, Columbus, IN
Store | Columbus, IN | Full Time and Part Time
Job Title: Department Manager
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department Managers execute the inventory maintenance (scanning outs), merchandising, pricing, stocking, and zoning strategies and practices for their department. They initiate outstanding sales and service, maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness. They assist customers with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, & price questions. This position is also required to help with carry-outs and load-outs. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise associates.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure quality customer service and staff supervision and training.
- Meet and greet every customer within 10 feet.
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions and load-outs.
- Stock freight and assemble merchandise when required.
- Keep the department organized – including recovery & safety.
- Develop product knowledge.
- Be familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- 1+ years retail management experience, with knowledge of specific department.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 40 hour workweek with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Supervise and direct store associates in assigned department.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Telexon gun and other retail equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.