Marketing | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports To: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
The Graphic Designer will work with all aspects of the company to create marketing materials that create and define the Rural King brand. He or she will also work closely with other designers, writers, and videographers to help improve corporate communication to associates, co-workers, and the public.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Work with others to develop and maintain brand elements, formulate new layouts, and create artwork for packaging, advertising, internal documents, print and web/social media.
- Maintain and design a wide range of print/electronic projects such as advertisements, brochures, posters, direct mail, and corporate identity pieces.
- Work with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD).
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media; particularly design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver, and Flash.
- Use general office equipment.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Verbally communicate effectively with others (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 1+ years of experience or demonstration of outstanding graphic design portfolio
- Creative portfolio must include previous marketing campaign, writing, and design samples
- Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative cloud CS6: Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to juggle various projects and handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Social media experience
- Adobe After Effects experience preferred
- General HTML/CSS knowledge preferred
- Copywriting and content generation for marketing campaigns preferred
- Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire onboarding process remotely
- Ability to complete computer-based training