Global Sourcing Manager
Corporate | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Job Title: Global Sourcing Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Purchasing
Job Location: Mattoon, IL and China
FLSA Status: Exempt
Plans and leads the global sourcing process to include market and baseline analysis, managing suppliers, developing and implementing strategies, negotiations, performing supplier capability assessments, continuous improvement and benchmarking products. The Sourcing Manager operates independently and manages highly complex cross-functional projects.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
- Manages new product launching, consulting and the product approval processes.
- Negotiate agreements and agreement related duties.
- Identifies and cultivates new business relationships related to products and product development services.
- Manages commercial and supplier aspects of product development and sourcing projects.
- Works with team members on conducting general market research in various categories as well as research into potential suppliers, product specifications and resources.
- Conducts supplier analysis, evaluates potential suppliers, and manages the overall supplier qualification process, develops and create sourcing plans, requests for proposal, and other sourcing documents, evaluates and recommends purchasing and sourcing decision to management.
- Manages the sampling and product approval process for the project.
- Requires travel
- 5 years experience with global product sourcing
- 3 years experience with products related to Rural King, such as power tools, hardware, toys, and home décor.
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard/phone
- Close vision for PC work
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.