General Labor Associate
RK Tractors and Power Equipment | Vandalia, IL | Full Time
Job Title: General Labor Associate
Job Location: Tractor Assembly Center Vandalia, IL
Reports To: RK Tractor Assembly Center Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Hours: M-F 6am-2:30pm
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Open bales, crates and other containers
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop.
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 years previous warehouse experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills may be required
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.