Garden Center / Temporary Full Time Department Manager
Store | Mattoon, IL Store | Full Time and Temporary
Department Manager needed for: Garden Center / Seasonal
Job Title: Seasonal Full Time Department Manager March 1st through July 31st, 2019
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department Managers knowledge of plants & gardening supplies.
Position duties include scanning outs, merchandising, pricing, stocking, and zoning strategies for the department. Initiate outstanding sales and service, maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness of the department. You will assist customers with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, & pricing questions. This position is also required to help with carry-outs and load-outs. The position requires strong leadership skills, flexibility of hours, including working weekends.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure quality customer service.
- Meet and greet every customer within 10 feet.
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions and load-outs.
- Stock freight and assemble merchandise when required.
- Keep the department organized – including recovery & safety.
- Develop product knowledge.
- Be familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- 1+ years retail experience, with nursery background knowledge
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 40 hour workweek with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- Supervise sales associates that water the plants
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Telexon gun and other retail equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.