Full-Time Surveillance Technician
Loss Prevention | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Full-Time Surveillance Technician
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Surveillance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
The Part-time Surveillance Technician is a vital member the Loss Prevention Team at Rural King. The purpose of this position
is to utilize technology and critical thinking to provide security for Rural King’s assets.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Monitor camera systems for occurrences of theft, productivity issues, and security policy violations.
• Assist Rural King Associates with the use of the camera systems and reviewing video.
• Use specialized reports to review financial transactions, to identify discrepancies in a retail environment.
• Maintain the alarm listing for all Rural King locations and assist associates in accessing their alarm.
• Ensure communication with store personnel and increase awareness around Rural King Loss Prevention Initiatives.
• Conduct package checks of associates leaving the Store Support Center.
• Maintain accurate records and reports on daily security incidents.
• Support stores and customers with questions about store policies.
• Review video footage of significant events and providing details to management, human resources, and/or law
• Maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Use general office equipment.
• Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
• Sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
• Verbally communicate effectively with others (in-person and via electronic devices).
• May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
• Be proficient with Windows based computers
• Possess a remarkable attention span and eye for detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire onboarding process remotely
• Ability to complete computer-based training
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions