Firearms Audit and Compliance Lead
Loss Prevention | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Firearms Audit and Compliance Lead
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Director of Asset Protection and Firearms Compliance
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
The purpose of the Firearms Audit and Compliance Lead is supporting all Rural King store locations with firearms compliance related issues. The primary duty is to ensure the safe and legal transfer of all firearms from Rural King to our customers within set guidelines.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead a team to audit and ensure compliance for the safe and legal transfer of firearms.
- Lead associates in a way that exemplifies the leadership principles taught in Rural King’s Thrive Leadership Program.
- Responds to all requests from the ATF Tracing Center.
- Monitors changes in Federal, State and Local Laws concerning firearm transfers.
- Responds to calls from Local and State authorities in relation to firearm transfers.
- Main point of contact for store compliance questions.
- Maintains “Do Not Sell” Lists for all Rural King locations.
- Ensures all non-POC stores have accessibility to LEEP for NICS background checks.
- Maintains ATF Bound Book logins and accounts for all Rural King locations.
- Fields and responds to all customer compliance issues regarding firearm transfers.
- Collects and reports on all Weekly, Monthly and ATF Firearm Audits.
- Monitors FFL applications, renewals and Responsible Parties list filed with the ATF.
- Ensures remote auditing of ATF required paperwork is completed on all locations on a consistent basis.
- Coordinates on site location inspections completed by Rural King staff and location audits completed by the ATF.
- Travel to stores as needed to conduct in-depth firearm compliance audits.
- Use general office equipment.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Verbally communicate effectively with others (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- ATF Compliance experience preferred.
- Intermediate in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be proficient with report writers as well as creating reports from multiple data sources.
- Must be a self-starter, critical thinker, good listener, and ability to work under pressure at a fast pace.
- Supervise the Firearms Compliance Coordinator and Gun Counter Auditor
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions