FIREARMS ASSOCIATE PART TIME
Store | Terre Haute, IN | Part Time
FIREARMS ASSOCIATE PART TIME
Rural King in Vincennes Indiana
***MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF FIREARMS
***MUST BE 18 TO APPLY
***FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING INCLUDING NIGHTS, WEEKENDS, AND HOLIDAYS
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 67+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the Midwest.
Job Title: Firearms Associate
Reports To: Assistant Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Firearms Associates are the first to greet the customers and last to thank them; this is crucial to Rural King's Customer Service. They must provide exceptional service through communication, friendliness and store/product knowledge, as well as maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Greet customers
- Ensure that the firearms counter runs smoothly without interruption
- Must be alert to surrounding's at all times for shrink prevention and customer service.
- Ask every customer if they found what they were looking for
- Execution of cash management, return & exchange policies accurately.
- Reconciling till with 100% accuracy.
- Complete cashier duties chore list:
- Registers cleaned daily.
- Bags and supplies filled daily.
- Perform accurate transactions in a timely manner.
- Accurate paperwork processing
- Communicates professionally with all Rural King personnel.
- Answer all incoming calls at the counter with proper phone etiquette
- Promote the weekly promotional item each week called the BAAT.
- Offer load out assistance to all customers and call to make sure a loader has responded
- Perform accurate transactions and price dispute resolution
- File paperwork quickly and accurately
- Must be able to multi-task
- May be required to perform other duties
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Bend, twist, reach, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- May work under stressful circumstances at times
- Close vision for PC work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.