Corporate | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Location: Mattoon, IL
Reports to: VP of Finance
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Exempt Classification: Administrative
Rural King’s growth requires additional support for an in-depth financial analyst. The position will report directly to the Vice President of Finance, and will have regular interaction with all senior management.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supporting the project management needs of the Finance division.
- Have an understanding of the business unit(s) and the operating systems that support them. Serve as the project expert defining and executing projects regarding various business initiatives.
- Prepares business cases including financials and success factors for proposed operating and/or product changes.
- May conduct pilot tests of proposed operating and/or product changes.
- Complete post-audit of business cases after implementation is complete.
- Manage moderately complex projects independently that typically cross multiple business units, divisions or states.
- Responsible for setting project priorities and for project results.
- May negotiate with outside vendors.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in daily decisions
- The position does not manage people, but will have opportunities for advancement as the company needs continue to grow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and 1-3 years applicable experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience on project teams and managing a segment of the project work.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve desired results.
- Strong problem-solving and partnership skills.
- Confidence in playing an integral role in the annual business plan processing.
- Exceptional financial analysis skills combined with insight into the nuances of the retail segment.
- Experience in preparing data sets, statistical reports and computer applications to support financial analysis work.
- Ability to generate and speak to financial reporting to management.
- Prepare and/or train others on financial systems and serve as a technical resource to accounting team.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours during monthly, quarterly and annual close related deadlines.
- Create and maintain pro-forma and cash flow models for current and future areas/ projects.
- Strong understanding of financial statements and financial reports.
- Advance proficiency in MS Office, most notably excel. Experience with VBA programming is preferred.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Close vision for PC work
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.