eCommerce QA Analyst
eCommerce | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: eCommerce QA Analyst
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Lead Technical Project Manager
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Exempt Classification: Administrative
The purpose of the eCommerce QA Analyst is to execute testing and analysis to ensure that new and existing website functionality and supporting systems are functioning in accordance with business requirements and functional specifications.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for executing all levels of testing (end-to-end, regression) of eCommerce platforms, related business applications and integrations (from development to production environments).
- Identifies issues, documents defects for escalation and resolution.
- Reviews requirements and prepares thorough test cases based on specifications and change requests.
- Reviews requirements and prepares thorough test cases based on specifications and change requests. Responsible for ensuring continuity of system integrations, understanding how all the elements of the software ecosystem work together and partnering with the team to develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy.
- Acts as "first line of defense" when issues are reported and handles with appropriate level of attention.
- Support occasional irregular business hours (off shift coverage) to coincide with code pushes and resulting QA process.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in daily decisions while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Use general office equipment.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Verbally communicate effectively with others (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- At least 2 years of software quality assurance experience and experience testing eCommerce websites.
- At least 2 years of experience with order management systems.
- Experience and proficiency in Analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to review systems, find flaws and pose solutions to those flaws.
- Appreciation for occasional irregular business hours (off shift coverage) to coincide with code pushes and resulting QA process.
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail while working under pressure.
- Experience with Microsoft office programs and google suite products.
- Experience navigating web analytical tools is a plus.
- Experience with Magento, HCL Commerce or other Gartner quadrant eCommerce platforms
- Oracle ERP background
- Familiarity with JIRA project management software.
- Familiarity with FTP client software (FileZilla, WinSCP, etc.)
- Experience partnering with fulfillment, category managers and IT teams.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
My signature confirms that I have reviewed and agree with this job description.
Associate Signature Date