District Human Resources Generalist
Store | Indiana, IN | Full Time
Job Title: District Human Resources Generalist
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports to: Human Resources Director for Store Operations & Store Support
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Exempt Classification: Administrative
This position, within their assigned districts, is a key role for associates as it relates to Human Resources and HR-related policies/procedures. The District HR Generalist will lead company initiatives in their districts to reduce turnover and increase internal promotions, along with focusing on legal compliance and helping with associate investigations. This role connects with associates and candidates with a focus on talent acquisition, talent management, and associate engagement.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with associates to influence and provide effective HR processes, advice, clarification on policies, and support within the assigned districts.
- Under guidance, provide proactive support to management in areas of associate relations, policy administration, and performance management.
- Reinforce the leadership principles taught in Rural King’s Thrive Leadership Program.
- Help store management to conduct effective, thorough, and objective associate investigations and make recommendations on next steps. Consult with Regional HR on escalated HR matters.
- Maintain knowledge of labor laws and guidance related to the day-to-day management of associates.
- Partner with the store teams to maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment, including I-9 Forms and the employment of minors.
- Lead initiatives to increase associate engagement to decrease turnover and increase internal promotions.
- Partner with store management on talent sourcing, talent development, and staffing strategies to attract, retain, and promote high-quality associates who align with the company culture and values.
- Conduct HR Audits, communicate findings, and work with the team on areas of improvement.
- Review and make recommendations on how store management can use the results from company metrics to drive better results (from company scorecards, HR audit, payroll audit, new hire and exit surveys, talent metrics, and staffing forecasting).
- Follow up to ensure safety and training objectives are met.
- Help drive company initiatives, such as Rural King’s Harvest Card Program, Customer C.A.R.E., ERP, Top 200 Items, and RK Plus Protection Plan.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in daily decisions while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Travel to locations within the assigned area each week with multiple overnight stays as business dictates.
- Respond to concerns that may arise outside of this position’s normal business hours.
- Use general office equipment.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Verbally communicate effectively with others (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- At least 2 years of human resources experience OR equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Professional Human Resources Certification, or ability to obtain certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current employment and compliance laws.
- Experienced with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions