Distribution Center Supervisor
DC / Truck Driving / Transportation | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Join our team!
The Warehouse Supervisor assists the Warehouse Manager by providing materials, equipment, and supplies to facilitate the process of receiving, warehousing, and distribution.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating and coordinating the operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations on employment status.
- Assists in warehouse operations by monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Assists in inventory control levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Assists in completing warehouse operational requirements and following up on work results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains and establishes a positive work atmosphere.
- 1+ year’s supervision experience.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work varied hours, days, nights, and weekends as business dictates.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Supervise several hourly associates.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Forklift, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.