Distribution Center Operations Manager
DC | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Job Title: DC Operations Manager
Reports To: DC Manager
Job Location: Mattoon, IL
FLSA Status: Exempt
The DC Operations Manager is a key member of the DC leadership team responsible for overseeing all aspects of warehouse operations as it pertains to inventory integrity, order fulfillment and the movement of goods in and out of the distribution center.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Establishes and leads operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and keeping distribution center inventory current.
- Ensures the physical condition of the DC and equipment are properly maintained
- Ensures work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment are submitted to the appropriate persons
- Confers with others to ensure coordination of DC activities with activities of other functional areas such as purchasing staff.
- Ensures safe operation of the DC including meeting company standards for sanitation, maintenance, safety and security.
- Ensures operational excellence in all DC areas, related equipment and DC management systems.
- Leads and efficient and successful operation while successfully mitigating any barriers to success
- Monitors and ensures facility key performance indicators (KPI) are met in a timely and cost-effective manner to ensure the profitability and productivity of the DC
- Ensures adequate staffing, training, coaching and development for associates
- Provides hands on management of the DC including, interviewing, hiring and training supervisory and hourly staff; planning, assigning and directing work; and appraising performance to create a strong company culture
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems
- Other duties as required and assigned
- 2 plus years DC management experience supervising 50 plus associates
- Knowledge of materials, DC processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods
- Working knowledge with DC management systems
- Previous change management experience (driving, influencing and inspiring change through communication at all impacted levels)
- Analytical skills to include planning, organizing, directing and controlling workflow and processes
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work varied hours, days, nights and weekends as business dictates
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- People net
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.