Dispatcher, 1st Shift
Logistics | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time and Part Time
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
Rural King is growing fast!
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 68+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the midwest.
Job Title: 1st Shift Dispatcher, RK Transportation
Reports To: Director of Logistics
Job Location: Rural King Distribution
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position will work with other members of RK Transportation and the Logistics team to increase company profitability and customer satisfaction by efficient and cost-effective scheduling of deliveries and routing of Rural King trucks. The hours worked will be 6:00am-4:00pm Mon.-Fri. and every other Saturday from 7:00am-11:00am.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for efficient and cost-effective scheduling of deliveries and routing of Rural King trucks
- Schedule pickups of returned materials from the stores
- Listen and respond to issues that driver’s encounter
- Track driver hours to accurately schedule their runs for the following day
- Seek outside line hauls from vendors or carriers to eliminate driving with empty miles and to build on the profitability of Rural King Transportation.
- Communicate to the appropriate parties any discrepancy that may arise with a delivery or pickup
- Driver performance reviews to ensure Rural King is performing according to DOT regulations
- Track driver violations and follow up with drivers as necessary for correction
- Oversee that the manifests are run and given to drivers in a timely fashion
- Assist with solving driver discrepancies
- At least 1 year previous experience in dispatching drivers
- Knowledge of logistics, including carriers, shipping policies and procedures
- Deliver excellent customer service with effective listening and communication
- Manage time effectively and adapt quickly to change in priorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work independently with some direction
- Able to read a map and accurately plan a route
- Problem-solve and analytical ability
- Working knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and regulations
- Manages Rural King Trucking drivers
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- TMW will be used for planning software
- Microsoft Office
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.