Director of Human Resources
Corporate | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Reports To: VP of Human Resources
Job Location: Corporate Office, Mattoon, IL
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Exempt Classification: Executive
The Director of Human Resources is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to Rural King. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the associates to ensure a high level of associate engagement.
- Experience with a rapid and complex changing work environment
- Coaching and mentoring at Direct and manage all human resources initiatives and tasks in the areas of recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, safety, risk, and associate relations
- Enhance and/or develop and implement human resources policies and procedures
- Ensure policies, procedures, and human resources programs are consistently administered and aligned with organizational goals and are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements, and laws
- Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Demonstrate the ability to be comfortable with a high-volume workload and not afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- Demonstrate a strong focus on solutions and be comfortable working in an environment that demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Demonstrate a strong customer service focus for both internal and external customers
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Must demonstrate ability to interface at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets
- Establish credibility throughout the organization in order to be an effective listener and problem solver
- Travel, as business dictates, to Rural King locations
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of HR Management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional Certification of PHR, SPHR, or GPHR preferred
- Key strengths are flexibility, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- An experienced leader with significant Retail experience
- Experience with multi-state and multi-units
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficient
- This role will have management responsibilities
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate effectively to all audiences
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Close vision for PC work
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.