eCommerce | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Digital Merchandiser
Job Location: Store Support Center, Mattoon, IL
Reports To: eCommerce Merchandise Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
The Digital Merchandiser is responsible for SKU maintenance, merchandising, categorization, and product builds for RuralKing.com. The position is responsible for increasing sales and conversion through merchandising best practices and user experience. This position requires the ability to manage multiple, detailed tasks with urgency and accuracy; the person should have the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize work.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manage product merchandising and placement, ensuring sales and merchandising objectives are met
- Research pricing and merchandising strategies of competitors
- Suggest and implement strategies for meeting financial objectives and improving inventory turnover
- Analyze market trends and customer behavior to determine which products Rural King should offer online
- Merchandise product across all categories online
- Review site traffic, conversion, and average selling price daily, through analytics and site reporting.
- Review competitive websites to evaluate site merchandise, promotional tactics, customer experience, and product presentation and translate findings into executable online programs
- Support SEO optimization and tagging
- Use general office equipment.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Verbally communicate effectively with others (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- May be required to perform other duties
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Ability to type
- Numeric, oral and written language applications
- Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire onboarding process remotely
- Ability to complete computer-based training
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.