Diesel Mechanic - Multiple Shifts Available
DC / Truck Driving / Transportation | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Full Time Diesel Mechanic - Multiple Shifts Available
Looking to fill 2nd shift, third shift and weekend shift.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO APPLY
Competitive Wages, Benefits, Flexible Schedules Available, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401K Match!!
Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Reports To: Truck Shop Manager
Job Location: Mattoon, IL
FLSA Status: Hourly — Non-Exempt
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS:
- Determines vehicle condition by concluding inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, -repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling and, replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including beating loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches end fraction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning„ washing and, painting
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies: performing preventative maintenance;
- Contains cost by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or an associate's degree or diploma in diesel mechanic or automotive engineering or any other related filed not required but preferred
- 2+ years of experience working-at a diesel mechanic
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
- Exceptional organizational and problem salving skills
- Awareness of operational safety requirements and ability to apply and follow procedures and requirement per regulatory bodies.
- Ability to detect technical malfunctions in the machines
- Sound understanding of using all repair tools, equipment and testing machinery
- Good visual acuity and the ability to communicate
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a fast-past environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Basic computer skills and diagnostic software
- Electronic Logging Devices such as Peoplenet