Diesel Mechanic - Multiple Shifts Available
DC / Truck Driving / Transportation | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Full Time Diesel Mechanic - Multiple Shifts Available
Competitive Wages, Benefits, Flexible Schedules Available, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, RK Shares Program!!
Job Location: Mattoon, IL
Job Summary: Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
Job Duties and Essential Functions:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts or systems, such as power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics, completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing and painting
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventative maintenance; calling for repairs
- Contains cost by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt
- Enhance maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and difference requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Other duties as assigned