Transportation / DC / Truck Driving | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Job Location: Waverly, OH
Job Summary: Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements, correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
Job Duties and Essential Functions:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts or systems, such as power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics, completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing and painting
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventative maintenance; calling for repairs
- Contains cost by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt
- Enhance maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and difference requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or an Associate's degree or diploma in diesel mechanic or automotive engineering or any other related field not required but perferred
- 2 + years of experience working as a diesel mechanic
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- Awareness of operational safety requirements and ability to apply and follow procedures and requirements per regulatory bodies
- Ability to detect technical malfunctions in machines
- Sound understanding of using all repair tools, equipment and testing machinery
- Good visual acuity and the ability to communicate
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Machines and Equipment Used:
- Basic Computer Skills and Diagnostic Software
- Electronic Logging Devices such as Peoplenet