IT | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Developer
Reports To: Vice President – Processes, Efficiencies, and Software Development.
Job Location: Store Support Center in Mattoon, IL
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Exempt Classification: Computer Professional
The purpose of this position is to contribute to full life-cycle application development including user requirements, specifications, design, coding, testing, documentation, etc.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Create, design, and modify computer programs.
- Contribute to documentation for systems, applications, and databases.
- Take raw data and make it presentable, useable, and functional.
- Project examples:
- o Build a learning management system from the ground up.
- o Create social media-type applications for a business environment.
- o Create a company-wide scorecard system.
- Responsible for estimating, coordinating, and delivering activities for project related deliverables.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in daily decisions while maintaining a high level of and professionalism.
- Use general office equipment.
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Verbally communicate effectively with others (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Experience in working with API's, including working with JSON and SOAP requests.
- Process driven, can work with others to completely understand a process from beginning to end and then use that knowledge to allow technology to streamline and enhance the process.
- Great communication skills, able to work with peers and managers to get requirements.
- Strong organization skills to be able to work with multiple projects and timelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.