Store Management | Xenia, OH | Full Time
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
Rural King is growing fast!
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 65+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the midwest.
Job Title: Department Manager
Reports To: Assistant Store Manager
Job Location: Store
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department Managers employ their knowledge to help customers make informed buying choices. They execute the inventory maintenance, merchandising, pricing, stocking, & zoning strategies & practices for their department. They initiate outstanding sales and service, maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness. They assist customers with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, & price questions. This position is also required to help with carry-outs and load-outs.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure quality customer service.
- Ensure attractive, safe, and accurately priced merchandise displays and floor plans.
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Establish and preserve a positive work atmosphere.
- Meet and greet each and every customer within 10 feet.
- Familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions and load-outs.
- 1+ years retail experience.
- Working knowledge of department(s)
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 40 hour workweek, including some holidays and weekends as business dictates.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Direct store associates as needed with the Assistant Store Manager’s direction.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Telexon gun, forklift, pallet jack, and other retail equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.