Department Head of Seasonal
Store | Clearfield, PA | Full Time
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
Rural King is growing fast!
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 65+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the Midwest.
Department Managers execute the inventory maintenance, merchandising, pricing, stocking, and zoning strategies and practices for their department. They initiate outstanding sales and service, maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness. They assist customers with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, and price questions. This position is also required to help with carry outs and load outs. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise associates.
Job Duties and Essential Functions:
- Ensure quality customer service and staff supervision and training
- Meet and greet every customer within 10 feet
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions and load outs
- Stock freight and assemble merchandise when required
- Keep the department organized - including recovery and safety
- Develop product knowledge
- Be familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- 1+ years retail experience.
- Working knowledge of department
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 40 hour work week with varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and some holidays as business dictates.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Includes benefits after 90 days
- Paid vacation after one full year of service
- Able to buy shares of Rural King