Corporate Office | Mattoon, IL Corporate Office | Full Time
Job Title: Demand Planner
Job Location: Store Support Center in Mattoon, IL
FLSA Status: Hourly Non Exempt
Drive profitability and manage inventory with comprehensive analysis of the business and identification of local and regional opportunities. Make assortment-related recommendations to the buyers and VP of Purchasing. Develop and execute inventory plans by managing inventory flow based on sales and opportunity. Initial scope of responsibility will be limited to a support role that requires guidance and directions. Responsibilities will be gradually expanded over time to more advanced processes, tools, and system functionality as forecasting skills develop. Forecasting duties will be assigned based on the needs of the team and may be static or subject to cycle initiatives.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Product Life Cycle Management
- o Execute Inventory plan
- o Write replenishment purchase orders and confirm and coordinate deliveries with vendor
- o Identify and enforce accountability plan with vendors not meeting ship dates
- o Identify backorders and shipping errors and compensate merchandise plan accordingly
- o Identify most cost effective freight flow including internal supply-chain impacts
- o Process Special Orders or execute inventory increases for specific customer or store needs
- o Report significant changes in sales trends impacting in stocks by store
- Inventory Analysis
- o Assist with preseason strategy development and vendor planning
- o Monitor fill rates, weeks of supply, and in – stock analysis
- o Maintain open-to-buy process
- o Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turn rates, margin contributions, etc
- o Identify missed opportunities from previous season as it corresponds to lost sales due to Out of Stock and over inventory impacts to business
- o Use analysis, input from regional managers, buyers, and management, and customer insight to recommend actions based on preferences and trends to drive sales.
- o Identify underperforming areas and recommend actions to the buyer and VP of Purchasing.
- o Rely on data and analysis to recommend cross functional solutions, incorporating innovation and efficiency improvements where feasible
- Vendor Analysis
- o Track and analyze actual performance of key business events including new account launches, refreshes, line reviews, changes in store counts, planograms, and product cannibalization to contribute to (re) evaluating forecasted assumptions
- o Analyze vendor performance by store, taking into account input from Regional Managers, and recommend vendor modifications.
- o Recommend vendor SKU modification according to individual store performance
- o Recommend adjustments based on trends from last season.
- o Provide input on optimal size pack by SKU.
- o Provide specific, timely in-season recommendations
- o Review advertised items for upcoming sales and report stock issues to buying office for resolution.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- 1-2 years of experience in retail buying or planning preferred
- Basic understanding of Supply Chain, S&OP process, and how forecasting is used across business
- Must be proficient with Excel and Report writers, large data sheets, and creating reports from multiple data sources
- Sales driven, passionate, and committed to excellence and high standards
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Effective fact-based negotiator who drives for results
- Demonstrates strong listening, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong math and analytical skills, with a focus on results.
- Able to independently organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Close vision for PC work
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.