DC IT Technician
DC / Truck Driving / Transportation | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Warehouse Associate Waverly, OH
Job Title: Distribution Center IT Technician
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Job Location: Waverly, OH
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt, Full-Time
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (switches, printers, access points, etc).
* Ability to run and terminate CAT V, CAT 6, and Fiber cables.
* Check computer hardware (HDD, Video Card, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
* Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
* Develop and maintain local networks (LAN) in ways that optimize performance.
* Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
* Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
* Ability to complete quarterly Preventative Maintenance on scheduled IT hardware and networking equipment.
* Time management and ability to prioritize task based on criticality are required.
* Organize and coordinate work schedule with other teams and 3rd party vendors.
* Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.). Ability to think on feet and out of the box.
* Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
* Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
* Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
* Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication ability
* Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
* In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
* Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
* Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
* Must be self-motivated, outgoing, and able to work with our customers
* Must also be able to work holidays and weekends as needed.
* Must be able to work alone and with teams as needed
* May be required to perform other duties such as network/phone cabling
* Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
* Not afraid of heights
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.