DC Desktop Services Technician II
Transportation / DC / Truck Driving | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
- Plans and execute the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks as well as operating and application systems
- Experience deploying, support/administration of Office 365
- Experience with and understanding of common file cloud storage platforms such as Dropbox, OneDrive (including SharePoint Online), Google Drive, Box, etc.
- Experience setting up, supporting and troubleshooting network services and topology
- Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, File and Print Share Service
- Managing file shares and permissions structures
- LAN and WAN DHCP, Static IP addresses/DHCP reservations
- Troubleshooting DNS
- Wireless (802.11b/g/n/a/ac, 2.4 & 5GHz)
- Self-starter, thinks out-of-the-box, quicker learner, constantly looking for ways to improve operations
- Assists all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- Takes ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible
- Hardware Inventory Tracking Track computer equipment (by asset tag and serial number) by location. Receive/Ship equipment
- Responsible for the shipping / receiving of materials and equipment.
- Must accurately record, update, and document requests using the IT incident management system
- Able to install and configure new IT equipment
- Resolves incidents and upgrades different types of software and hardware.
- Ability to resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners
- Must maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner
- Basic Computer Skills
- COMPTIA A+ & Net + preferred
- Vast knowledge of IT concepts
- Proficient Knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10
- PC Peripheral knowledge and diagnostic
- Laser printer troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Customer Service Experience
- Must be able to speak clearly and calmly
- Must be able to work holidays/weekends as needed
- Must be able to work within a team environment and independent as needed