Corporate Payroll Manager
Corporate Office | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Job Title: Payroll Manager
Reports To: VP of Human Resources
Job Location: Corporate Office, Mattoon, IL
FLSA Status: Exempt
Exempt Classification: Administrative
Manages payroll process and performs accounting-related tasks.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze, prepare and input payroll data for 5,000 associates in multi-states.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in making decisions.
- Use automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll.
- Facilitate management and associate understanding of payroll procedures.
- Record payroll status changes, such as exemptions, transfers, terminations, and tax status.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Process all payroll taxes, W-2s, and garnishments.
- Perform various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provide General Ledger support.
- Input and prepare bonus checks for distribution.
- Manage the Payroll Clerk, who is a point-of-contact for Office Managers with payroll-related corrections and support.
- Review and process WOTC forms.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience managing payroll.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field is preferred.
- Current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Working knowledge of Payroll systems
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel and Power Point.