Corporate Management Intern
Corporate Office | Mattoon, IL Distribution Cntr | Full Time and Internship
Job Title: Corporate Management Internship Program
Reports To: Manager
Job Location: Corporate
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth.
Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our Retail Stores, Distribution Centers or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both drive change and strive for future growth.
The Company’s Internship Program was designed to give college students an opportunity to complete their formal education with career-related experience. Interns will get exposure to different areas of our business to expand their knowledge of the retail industry.
The Company believes that each individual contributes directly to our success and we are looking for dynamic, highly-motivated individuals with a passion to join our internship program!
Rural King is now seeking candidates for 2013 summer internship opportunities!
Internship Program will provide college students with a well rounded retail educational experience in preparation for a future career in retail management. Our program will walk an Intern through all areas of our corporate office. There will be opportunities to work with accounting, supply chain, marketing, advertising, HR/IT and buying. During the student's internship, they will be guided and supported through the program by the corporate team to champion our culture and values.
This 9 week paid program will give students the opportunity to sharpen their leadership abilities, engage in a team oriented environment, as well as learn the daily objectives and activities that are involved in the world of retail.
At the end of The Internship Program students will be able to:
· Develop valuable managerial skills to succeed in a retail environment
· Have a clear and concise understanding of retail operations and store support
· Ability to lead a team of individuals
The intern will assist in the following areas:
· HRIS implementation
· Defining partnership and how it aligns with all stores and corporate support center
· Supply chain management
· Customer service standards - how to respond and follow up with issues
· Accounting functions
· Planning Seasonal merchandise to drive sales and purchasing year round product
· Execution of company initiatives
· Execution of HR policies and procedures
- Progress toward a Bachelor's degree in Management, Operations, or related field, (preference for Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 graduates)
- Authorization to work in the U.S. on a regular full-time basis without need for future/current sponsorship
- A GPA of 2.8 or greater is required
- Ability to work in different environments to gain exposure to the full operation of corporate office
- Prior experience in Retail strongly preferred
- Past leadership responsibilities in work or extracurricular activities strongly preferred
- Passion and a desire to enter a career in the retail industry with the ability to relocate based on growth needs
- Drive for results - has focus on the bottom line
- Customer focus - dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers
- Relationship Skills - can create positive working relationships with customers, team members, leadership, and other internal and external constituencies
- Communication Skills - conveys the right information in writing and verbally
Students who excel in their Retail Corporate internship will be highly encouraged to join Rural King in field of study when they graduate.