Store Management | Knoxville, TN | Full Time
The Co-Managers are being trained to become future Store Managers to lead the operations of the fastest growing farm & home retailer in the Midwest. The primary role of the Co-Manager is to develop knowledge and understanding of the day-to-day store operations, customer service, and merchandising. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise associates. Also included are establishing an interactive sales approach, keen awareness of safety & loss prevention, maintenance of store cleanliness and appearance, excellent customer service, and a positive attitude.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the operations of the assigned store in alignment with Rural King’s mission statement.
- Coordinate the efforts of all store personnel to build revenue and meet sales goals.
- Ensure attractive, safe, and accurately priced merchandise displays and floor plans.
- Recruit, train, & develop personnel.
- Take a hands-on approach with directing daily goals for the Assistant Store Managers.
- Be a positive and professional “role model” for the team.
- Find solutions to associate and customer questions and concerns.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the building and grounds.
- Develop the product knowledge and sales techniques of the team.
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Become an expert with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- Maximize inventory, cash control, and loss prevention techniques.
- Establish and preserve a positive work atmosphere.
- 2+ years retail management experience.
- Be an outgoing self-starter who enjoys working with people.
- Ability to relocate.
- Computer knowledge in Excel and Word.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 50 hour workweek (10 hour shifts, 5 days per week) with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Collaborate with the Store Manager in the supervision and direction of the department managers and store associates.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Telexon gun, forklift, pallet jack, and other retail equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.