Store | Mattoon, IL Store | Part Time
Cashiers are the first to greet the customers and last to thank them; this is crucial to Rural King's Customer Service. They must provide exceptional service through communication, friendliness and store/product knowledge, as well as maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that the frontend of the store runs smoothly without interruption
- Greet customers
- Ask every customer if they found what they were looking for
- Promote the weekly promotional item
- Execute cash management, return, and exchange policies accurately
- Perform accurate transactions and price dispute resolution
- Complete cashier-duties chore list
- Front windows and registers cleaned daily
- Bags and supplies filled daily
- Perform accurate transactions in a timely manner
- Always thinking about Bottom of Basket (Bob), Look inside always (Lisa)
- Redline in front of the registers when not with a customer
- Keep popcorn and coffee full and fresh at all times
- Must be alert to surrounding's at all times for shrink prevention and customer service
- Offer load out assistance to all customers and call to make sure a loader has responded
- File paperwork quickly and accurately
- Reconcile with 100% accuracy
- Answer all incoming calls at the registers with proper phone etiquette
- Communicate professionally with all Rural King personnel and customers
- May be required to perform other duties
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Bend, twist, reach, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- May work under stressful circumstances at times
- Close vision for PC work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
My signature confirms that I have reviewed and agree with this job description.