Store | Clearfield, PA | Part Time
Cashiers are the first to greet the customers and last to thank them; this is crucial to Rural King's Customer Service. They must provide exceptional service through communication, friendliness and store/product knowledge, as well as maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Greet customers
- Ensure that the front end of the store runs smoothly without interruption
- Must be alert to surrounding's at all times for shrink prevention and customer service.
- Ask every customer if they found what they were looking for
- Ensure that the front end of the store runs smoothly without interruption.
- Execution of cash management, return & exchange policies accurately.
- Reconciling till with 100% accuracy.
- Complete cashier duties chore list:
- Front windows and registers cleaned daily.
- Bags and supplies filled daily.
- Perform accurate transactions in a timely manner.
- Always thinking about Bottom of Basket (Bob), Look inside always (Lisa).
- Maintain all of the front end with a clean tidy experience.
- Communicates professionally with all Rural King personnel.
- Answer all incoming calls at the registers with proper phone etiquette
- Promote the weekly promotional item each week called the BAAT.
- Rural King customers expect fresh Popcorn and Coffee each day, keeping popcorn and coffee full and fresh is a must at all times.
- Redline in front of the registers when not with a customer to greet every customer that walks up.
- EAS towers/ Shrink prevention, all cashiers are responsible to make sure EAS devices are deactivated and a member of management is asked to come to the front for resolution if alarm would sound.
- Offer load out assistance to all customers and call to make sure a loader has responded
- Perform accurate transactions and price dispute resolution
- Execute cash management, return, and exchange policies accurately
- File paperwork quickly and accurately
- Reconcile with 100% accuracy
- Complete cashier-duties chore list
- Maintain the clean appearance of the front end of the store
- Communicate professionally with all Rural King personnel and customers
- May be required to perform other duties
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Bend, twist, reach, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- May work under stressful circumstances at times
- Close vision for PC work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.