Automotive Department Manager
Store | Mattoon, IL Store | Full Time
Job Title: Automotive Department Manager
Reports To: Store Manager
Job Location: Mattoon Rural King
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Department Managers execute the inventory maintenance (scanning outs), merchandising, pricing, stocking, and zoning strategies and practices for their department. They initiate outstanding sales and service, maintain exceptional store safety, appearance, and cleanliness. They assist customers with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, and price questions. This position is also required to help with carry-outs and load-outs. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate associates.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Merchandise, stock, and assemble merchandise when required
- Ensure quality customer service and staff supervision and training
- Be familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment
- Train floater and associates working in your area with store standards, pricing integrity and product knowledge
- Assist customers with purchasing decisions and load-outs
- Keep the department organized – including recovery & safety
- Develop product knowledge
- Scan out, lows and overs weekly or as needed
- Set POG neat, clean and orderly.
- Ensure Price Busters, Advertised, and Best Value items are signed correctly
- Perform cycle counts
- Operate Telxon gun, forklift, pallet jack, ladder, and other retail equipment.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Knowledge of specific department.
- Strong communications (written, oral and interpersonal skills)
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 40-hour workweek with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning system, and wireless handheld unit
- Ability to complete computer-based training
- Direct store associates in assigned department
- Good visual acuity
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds repetitively and 31-50 pounds intermittently
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to use a ladder and/or pallet jack
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively and professionally with all audiences (in-person or via handheld transceiver)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.