Associate Veterinarian - Both Full & Part-Time Positions
Veterinarian Office | Georgetown, KY | Full Time and Part Time
Country Critters Veterinary Clinic is a full-service veterinary hospital located inside select Rural King stores. We are seeking a full-time and part-time associate to join our team at our future location in Georgetown, KY! The ideal candidate should be fun loving, personable, confident, hardworking, and skilled in companion animal general practice (internal medicine and general surgery). They should have excellent client communication skills and a true passion for veterinary practice.
Our benefit package includes licensing fees, liability insurance, association dues, CE compensation, and a matching 401 (k) plan. Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Our practice will be open 6 days a week but our full-time veterinarians alternate a 4 and 4 1/2 day work week. We refer after-hour emergencies to local emergency clinics and do not require on-call shifts.
The Associate Veterinarian works with the Practice Manager to define and implement medical policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care. They deliver medical, surgical and dental care to patients. The Associate Veterinarian plays a key role in building and maintaining client relationships as well as staff relationships. He/She may assist in supervising staff members in their daily medical duties when the manager is not in the practice to oversee this important function. This is a leadership position with the important responsibility of ensuring a positive work environment in which the practice can achieves its goals.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides compassionate care to patients.
- Works with owners to set practice medical policies and procedures; performs all duties in accordance with them.
- Plans and carries out veterinary continuing education in compliance with state laws.
- Works with the Practice Manager on plans for developing and growing the business.
- Is active in professional organizations and community activities.
- Communicates objectives, motivates staff, builds and maintains morale; maintains core values and standards.
- Helps to develop new programs and processes that meet clients’ changing needs.
- Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the concept of the client-centered environment.
- Delivers in-house medical training to the support staff when asked to do so.
- Works toward and attains practice productivity standards.
- Promotes cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the practice function as a unit.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Performs thorough physical examinations; diagnoses physical conditions and presents diagnostic and treatment alternatives to the client being sensitive to their emotional as well financial needs.
- Performs medical, surgical and dental procedures with high standards of care.
- Interprets the results of laboratory tests and determines the appropriate protocol based on the results; reads radiographs and interprets them.
- Prescribes medications in accordance with manufacturers label instructions and uses. Understands common side-effects and common drug interactions with other medications.
- Promptly, accurately and legibly updates client records in support of the SOAP reporting method.
- Understands and carries out treatment orders from other veterinarians; makes necessary changes in treatment plan when diagnostic results support the decision to do so.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Follows state and federal laws regarding the practice of veterinary medicine.
- Ensures appropriate drug logs are kept for controlled substances and that they are stored and treated in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Maintains an OSHA compliant work place.
- Use general office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- DVM Licensure in the state of Kentucky
- Prior experience as a veterinarian is desired but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Ability to lead
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good work ethic, professional appearance and approach, high integrity
- Ability to participate in our online applicant and new hire on-boarding process remotely
- Ability to complete computer-based training
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all audiences
- Good visual acuity
- Close vision for computer work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Position is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.