Assistant Parts and Warranty Director
RK Tractors and Power Equipment | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Job Title: Parts and Warranty Specialists
Reports to: Director of Parts, Service and Assembly
Job Location: Waverly OH
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Exempt Classification: Executive
This position is responsible for assisting with managing equipment servicing operations at all Rural King locations. Applicable product classes include, but are not limited to tractors, tractor attachments & implements, mowers, log splitters, chainsaws, snow blowers, generators, and ATVs/UTVs, and all related accessories and parts. This position must lead Rural King into outstanding servicing capabilities that support two primary objectives: to enable and maximize the sales of equipment products, and create a substantial and reliable parts & service related income stream.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Work with Director to maintain the vision and roadmap to lead the company into becoming a reliable and profitable provider of equipment maintenance and repair services. This includes the development of a strategic plan and budget that will be the basis for transitioning RK into having the needed product servicing capabilities.
- With the support of the training team and equipment product suppliers, maintain an effective, multi-faceted equipment servicing training curriculum that will assist store-level service technicians in becoming proficient with the maintenance and repair of all applicable equipment products. This will include opportunities for service technicians to earn OEM repair certifications in all supported products.
- Working with the Director of RK Parts and Service help to maintain an effective extended warranty program that will deliver incremental warranty sales growth and profitability, and ultimately present RK as the primary extended warranty provider for the equipment products it sells.
- With the support of the leadership of RK facilities management, develop the facilities and equipment requirements for each RK store location need to support product servicing. This could include the definition of multiple levels of capability, depending upon the store location, proximity to other stores and distribution centers. In other words, some locations may offer higher levels of servicing capability than others, and the details will be needed.
- With the support of the VP of Technology, assist with all systems requirements required to support the objective servicing capabilities.
- Minimum of 15% traveling for company business including RK Tractor Stores and Tractor Assembly Centers
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- Help to maintain technical library including operator manuals, service manuals, parts catalogs, service letters, service bulletins and other print or digital materials needed to maintain equipment products. Make this library easily accessible by all with a need to access.
- Follow and administer warranty registration guidance and ensure that procedures are understood and followed by RK service technicians.
- Working with all RK equipment vendors, learn each’s procedures for submitting warranty repair claims, and procedures for store level service technicians to follow.
- Working with the Director, Parts & Service, set warranty recovery rates RK store-wide and with individual service technicians.
- Maintain a warranty repair and administration program that optimizes RK financial return and minimizes customer equipment downtime.
- Associate’s degree and at least 7 years of experience in managing equipment product servicing at an equipment dealership, OEM or retail store chain, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A strong background with operating power equipment, including tractors, tractor attachment & implements, mowers, log splitters, chainsaws, snow blowers, generators, and ATVs/UTVs
- Experience with Stihl brand products preferred
- Valid Driver’s License – company vehicle will be provided
- Will have indirect supervisory responsibilities over store service techs as it relates to product servicing and warranty.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all audiences
- Good visual acuity
- Close vision for computer work
- Repetitive wrist movements on keyboard
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to walk up and down stairs multiple times per day
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 50 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements
- Must be able to work in close quarters. (ex. commercial vehicle wheel wells)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions