Assistant Manager, Leesburg, FL
.Management | Leesburg, FL | Full Time
RURAL KING is America’s Farm & Home Store
Rural King is growing fast! We are coming to Leesburg, FL soon!
We are a privately held farm & home retail company that has been in business in the Midwest for over 50 years. Founded in 1960, Rural King is a third-generation family-owned business aggressively positioning itself for the future. The foundation is strong and the vision for the future is growth. This, coupled with Rural King’s friendly, down-to-earth atmosphere and “Positively Outrageous Customer Service,” makes Rural King a very exciting and attractive career opportunity. Every individual on our team is valued, supported, trained, and given the development and opportunity to a successful career path in our organization. Whether it’s in one of our 65+ Retail Stores, Distribution Centers, or the Corporate Headquarters, Rural King is looking for team players able to both envision change and strive for future growth. Look for this and other great opportunities with one of the fastest growing retailers in the midwest.
Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
Reports To: Store Manager
Job Location: Store
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Store Managers help lead the operations of the fastest growing farm & home retailer in the Midwest. The primary role of the Assistant Store Manager is to collaborate with the Store Manager in delivering excellent operations management. The ability and willingness to continually develop product knowledge and gain a greater understanding of the day-to-day store operations, customer service, and merchandising is essential. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise associates.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Partner with the Store Manager to ensure quality customer service and staff supervision and training.
- Coordinate the efforts of all store personnel to build revenue and meet sales goals.
- Ensure attractive, safe, and accurately priced merchandise displays and floor plans.
- Recruit, train, & develop personnel.
- Be a positive and professional “role model” for the team.
- Find solutions to associate and customer questions and concerns.
- Share responsibility of the maintenance and upkeep of the building and grounds.
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Become familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- Establish and preserve a positive work atmosphere.
- 2+ years retail management experience.
- Be an outgoing self-starter who enjoys working with people.
- Ability to relocate.
- Computer knowledge in Excel and Word.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 50 hour workweek (10 hour shifts, 5 days per week) with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Assist the Store Manager with the supervision and direction of the department managers and store associates.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Telexon gun, forklift, pallet jack, and other retail equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.