Store Management | Columbus, IN | Full Time
The Assistant Store Managers help lead the operations of the fastest growing farm & home retailer in the Midwest. The primary role of the Assistant Store Manager is to collaborate with the Store Manager in delivering excellent operations management. The ability and willingness to continually develop product knowledge and gain a greater understanding of the day-to-day store operations, customer service, and merchandising is essential. This position requires strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise associates.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Partner with the Store Manager to ensure quality customer service and staff supervision and training.
- Hire and make recommendations on employment status
- Directs all store personnel to build revenue and meet sales goals.
- Coordinate the efforts of all store personnel to build revenue and meet sales goals.
- Ensure attractive, safe, and accurately priced merchandise displays and floor plans.
- Recruit, train, & develop personnel.
- Be a positive and professional “role model” for the team.
- Find solutions to associate and customer questions and concerns.
- Share responsibility of the maintenance and upkeep of the building and grounds.
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Become familiar with standard concepts and practices within the retail environment.
- Establish and preserve a positive work atmosphere.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties
- 2+ years retail management experience.
- Be an outgoing self-starter who enjoys working with people.
- Computer knowledge in Excel and Word.
- Proficient User of computer software systems.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 50 hour workweek (10 hour shifts, 5 days per week) with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- Must meet federal requirements to qualify to obtain a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and any applicable local requirements.
- Supervise and direct the department managers and store associates.
- Has authority into the job status of associates: hiring, firing, promotions, and assignments.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Telexon gun, forklift, pallet jack, ladder, and other retail equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds repetitively and 31-50 pounds intermittently
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to use a ladder and/or pallet jack