A shift Supervisor
DC / Truck Driving / Transportation | Waverly, OH Distribution Cntr | Full Time
Job Title: A shift Supervisor
Reports to: A shift Area Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Location: Waverly, Ohio Distribution Center
The Warehouse Supervisor assists the Warehouse Manager by providing materials, equipment and supplies to facilitate the process of receiving, warehousing and distribution.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating and coordinating the operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations on employment status.
- Assists in warehouse operations by monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Assists in inventory control levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Assists in completing warehouse operational requirements and following up on work results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains and establishes positive work atmosphere.
- 1+ year’s warehouse supervision experience.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business dictates.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Supervise several hourly associates.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Forklift, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to repetitively lift, bend, carry, and push.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
All supervisors are put on a 90 day evaluation period, at the end of 90 days if this position is not a good fit for the company or the associate the associate will be allowed to bid on another open position within the DC.