Tech | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
At Runpath, we make finding, applying and using financial products and services easier for our partners and their customers. Since 2009, we’ve built industry leading comparison services and have been defining and building products to assist partners utilise disruptive technologies, like Open Banking. These technologies are being applied to truly revolutionise the financial sector.
In 2017, Runpath were acquired by Experian which provides us with a unique market advantage and accelerated access to credit services. By leveraging market and personal data, our offerings are improving customers' financial quality of life, enabling personalised product comparison and assessing real-time affordability.
We are a close-knit team, specialising in problem solving, interface design and data-platform development. We are passionate about delivering high-quality products and outstanding digital experiences to our customers, achieved through creativity, collaboration, experimentation and continuous learning: our people are at the heart of this. Ultimately, our success is built on passionate, motivated individuals, determined to shape the future of the financial software industry.
Our technology stack of choice is Angular backed by client solutions and platform services all hosted on Azure built using the latest Microsoft .NET technologies: (.NET Core/MVC/Web API/Entity Framework/SQL Azure). We are a .NET shop and like to utilise the latest technologies from ASP.Net and the community (within reason). We are happy with specialisation, so you do not need to be an expert developer at all areas in the stack, but an exposure to and appreciation of the full stack is important.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Technical Architect to join our technical team here at Runpath.
As a senior member of our highly experienced technical team you will be helping to deliver cutting edge solutions for a variety of internal and external clients. Specifically, as Technical Architect you’ll have a track record guiding teams who are building and shipping high performance, robust, and efficient solutions quickly. This position is to provide architectural leadership across a broad-based product line. The candidate will be well versed in the development of large scale systems and will have proven experience in using best of breed technologies for delivering business critical services.
While this is an architecture role, the successful candidate will be expected to be very hands on, spending a significant proportion of his/her working day writing, reviewing and supporting code across all aspects of our solutions. This could be a great role for someone with technical development experience but is now looking to utilise their excellent communication skills in a role with a client facing element.
It will be your responsibility to lead the technical architecture articulation, documentation and governance/monitoring across all Runpath platforms and solutions. You will be providing technical support for business development, including input into proposals, client workshops, and other meetings as required. You will also be doing hands on coding so much have the technical ability to do this.
We are looking for someone who is;
- Passionate about technology, and its application to solve complex problems at scale
- Someone who loves getting things done
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Exceptional at collaborating with both technical and non-technical people
- Highly organised with a strong eye for detail
- Good with feedback, continually looking to improve and develop
- C# ASP.NET/MVC/Web API/ .NET Core
- Progressive Azure (Functions, Cosmos DB, Redis, Key Vault, SQL Azure, Data Lake, Storage Queues)
- Secure development lifecycle and modern ALM principles
Education and Job Knowledge
- No specific academic qualifications required - all you need is the right experience and the right attitude
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company matched pension contributions under the auto enrolment scheme
- Life assurance of up to 4x your salary
- BUPA private healthcare
- Free breakfast every day
- Quarterly socials (paid for by us)
- Access to free Experian products like CreditExpert and AutoChecker
- A wide range of discounts on anything from phone bills, cinema trips to your weekly shop
To apply, please submit your up-to-date CV and detailed cover letter via this site. Links to recent work or projects are helpful as are any links to personal sites (e.g. LinkedIn profile, blogs etc).
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, disability, sex or age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from any persons for this role.
A note to recruitment agencies:
Runpath does not accept unsolicited agency CVs and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.