Senior QA Engineer
Operations | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Runpath is a FinTech company. We build really great tools that are designed to help people manage their money better. You’ve probably used our technology and didn’t even know it – as we work with some pretty big brands such as Compare The Market, GoCompare, Which?, Confused.com. Yahoo!, AOL, MSN, BT and many more, retail and financial services.
We’re looking for a QA engineer to join us here at Runpath to help us create and maintain a world class service for all our users. We're looking for someone who can work under minimal supervision, helping to define test procedures, best practices, and collaborate closely with Developers, Product Managers, Project Managers and Customer Support.
What you’ll do:
- Represent QA interests, and ensure both QA and projects adhere to Agile methodology
- Create and maintain test plans for both our new and existing sites
- Assist with defining test strategy for new features and apps
- Assist with planning test sessions and performing regression sweeps across our apps
- Act as a champion for best practices, both within QA and across the company
- Facilitate knowledge sharing, and other key sessions between QA, developers, and product teams
- Help to unblock, guide and mentor junior QA staff members
- Create and maintain automated test suites by pairing with developers and QA
- Work closely with the QA Lead to identify and improve processes
- Act as a key point of contact for any projects you are assigned to
- Work with Developer/Project/Product teams to help prioritise bugs
- Assist QA and project leads in managing stakeholder expectations
- Creating daily QA progress reports, based on key metrics and sharing with the client
- Assist with estimating and communicating any changes in timelines to stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience testing web applications, preferably at senior level
- Strong background in manual testing e.g. exploratory, regression testing, ect
- Experience with API testing using tools like Postman or Swagger
- Experience or exposure to various forms of test automation
- Ability to identify and escalate early issues impacting delivery
- Self-starter comfortable working in a distributed environment
- Meticulous and detail orientated, with a keen attention to detail
- A good understanding of software product lifecycles, agile test tools, and methodologies
- Ability to work with stakeholders to develop appropriate testing methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to apply Root Cause Analysis to find the cause of an issue, not just the affect
- Keen to learn new technical/functional knowledge relevant to the role
- Experience leading a QA team, or directing QA work
Education and Job Knowledge:
No specific academic qualifications required - all you need is the right experience and the right attitude
Competitive salary, dependent on experience. Benefits include 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, Life, PHI and BUPA private health insurances (including dental) , bike scheme, travel loan, free breakfast cereals, sports clubs including cycling, running and football and many others. All benefits are available from first day of employment.
Please submit your application including an up to date CV.
Recruitment Agencies – Runpath recruits directly. Runpath does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies and is not responsible for any associated fees.
This position is based in Central London. All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK to be considered.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, disability, sex or age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from any persons for this role