Senior QA Engineer
Operations | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
At Runpath, we make finding, applying and using financial products and services easier for our partners and their customers. Since 2009, we’ve built industry leading comparison services and have been defining and building products to assist partners utilise disruptive technologies, like Open Banking. These technologies are being applied to truly revolutionise the financial sector.
In 2017, Runpath were acquired by Experian which provides us with a unique market advantage and accelerated access to credit services. By leveraging market and personal data, our offerings are improving customers' financial quality of life, enabling personalised product comparison and assessing real-time affordability.
We are a close-knit team, specialising in problem solving, interface design and data-platform development. We are passionate about delivering high-quality products and outstanding digital experiences to our customers, achieved through creativity, collaboration, experimentation and continuous learning: our people are at the heart of this. Ultimately, our success is built on passionate, motivated individuals, determined to shape the future of the financial software industry.
Senior QA Engineer
We’re looking for a QA engineer to join us here at Runpath to help us create and maintain a world class service for all our users. We're looking for someone who can work under minimal supervision, helping to define test procedures, best practices, and collaborate closely with Developers, Product Managers, Project Managers and Customer Support.
What you’ll do:
- Represent QA interests, and ensure both QA and projects adhere to Agile methodology
- Create and maintain test plans for both our new and existing sites
- Assist with defining test strategy for new features and apps
- Assist with planning test sessions and performing regression sweeps across our apps
- Act as a champion for best practices, both within QA and across the company
- Facilitate knowledge sharing, and other key sessions between QA, developers, and product teams
- Help to unblock, guide and mentor junior QA staff members
- Create and maintain automated test suites by pairing with developers and QA
- Work closely with the QA Lead to identify and improve processes
- Act as a key point of contact for any projects you are assigned to
- Work with Developer/Project/Product teams to help prioritise bugs
- Assist QA and project leads in managing stakeholder expectations
- Creating daily QA progress reports, based on key metrics and sharing with the client
- Assist with estimating and communicating any changes in timelines to stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience testing web applications, preferably at senior level
- Strong background in manual testing e.g. exploratory, regression testing, ect
- Experience with API testing using tools like Postman or Swagger
- Experience or exposure to various forms of test automation
- Ability to identify and escalate early issues impacting delivery
- Self-starter comfortable working in a distributed environment
- Meticulous and detail orientated, with a keen attention to detail
- A good understanding of software product lifecycles, agile test tools, and methodologies
- Ability to work with stakeholders to develop appropriate testing methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to apply Root Cause Analysis to find the cause of an issue, not just the affect
- Keen to learn new technical/functional knowledge relevant to the role
- Experience leading a QA team, or directing QA work
Education and Job Knowledge:
No specific academic qualifications required - all you need is the right experience and the right attitude
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company matched pension contributions under the auto enrolment scheme
- Life assurance of up to 4x your salary
- BUPA private healthcare
- Free breakfast every day
- Quarterly socials (paid for by us)
- Access to free Experian products like CreditExpert and AutoChecker
- A wide range of discounts on anything from phone bills, cinema trips to your weekly shop
To apply, please submit your up-to-date CV and detailed cover letter via this site. Links to recent work or projects are helpful as are any links to personal sites (e.g. LinkedIn profile, blogs etc).
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, disability, sex or age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from any persons for this role.
A note to recruitment agencies:
Runpath does not accept unsolicited agency CVs and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.