Operations | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
We’re looking for a QA Lead, with extensive hands on experience in software testing (plus associated leadership experience), to join us here at Runpath and manage our growing QA team and help define our test strategy going forward.
We're looking for someone who has experience of managing a team and has a track record of improving performance of their area through the introduction of new techniques, processes and best practices. Acting as a champion for QA, the successful candidate will have deep-rooted QA experience of both manual and automated testing, as well as applied knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the 3 person QA team, directing their daily work, unblocking them when required, and developing their skillset and knowledge
- Champion QA within the company and set the standard for what it means to ship quality products
- Work closely with the Head of Test and Release to identify and address areas of strength, weakness, risk, and opportunity and input into the long-term strategy and direction of the QA team
- Get your hands dirty on a daily basis with both manual and automated testing
- Ensure our audit processes (e.g. test sign offs) are followed and documented
- Help to create new, and develop existing, test processes to improve efficiency and performance
- Act as a SME to project and product managers, advising them on risks and timings enabling them to make informed decisions
- Represent QA in the early stages of new projects providing input to allow accurate planning and strategy to be achieved
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experiance working experience in manual and automated software testing
- Experience as a QA Lead managing a team
- Good technical grounding in automation tools (we currently use Ghost inspector though your experience does not need to be in this tool specifically)
- Self-starter comfortable working in a distributed environment
- Meticulous and detail orientated
- A strong understanding of software product lifecycles
- Friendly and approachable
- Hands on experience of tools such as SoapUI, Postman etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can handle a fast-paced environment
- Organised with the ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities at the same time
Runpath is a fintech company. We build really great tools that are designed to help people manage their money better. This technology is distributed by our clients around the web through ever evolving propositions. You’ve probably used our technology and didn’t even know it – as we work with some big brands in media, retail and financial services.
We’re a close-knit team who are good at solving problems, designing interfaces and structuring code. We're dedicated to smooth processes and experiences to challenge our team and thrive. We make our work environment frictionless, removing unnecessary bureaucracy that stalls us from creating remarkable products together.
Salary dependent on experience. Benefits include 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, Life, PHI and BUPA private health insurances, bike scheme and travel loan plus many more. All benefits are available from first day of employment.
This position is based in Central London. All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK to be considered. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, disability, sex or age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from any persons for this role.