Operations | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Runpath is a FinTech company. We build really great tools that are designed to help people manage their money better. You’ve probably used our technology and didn’t even know it – as we work with some pretty big brands such as Compare The Market, GoCompare, Which?, Confused.com. Yahoo!, AOL, MSN, BT and many more, retail and financial services.
We’re looking for a QA engineer to join us here at Runpath to help us create and maintain a world class service for all our users. We're looking for someone who can work under minimal supervision, helping to define test procedures, best practices, and collaborate closely with Developers, Product Managers, Project Managers and Customer Support.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain test plans for both our new and existing sites
- Assist with defining test strategy for new features and apps
- Regression sweeps across all of our apps
- Act as a champion for best QA practices and reinforce these with the rest of the company
- Work with the Product team and provide valuable feedback which will allow them to make informed decisions on product improvement
- Assist in creation of automated test suites in Ghost Inspector to reduce overhead of manual testing
- Work closely with the QA Lead to identify and address areas of strength and weakness in the current test and release setup
- Act as a key point of contact for any projects you are assigned to
- Help prioritize bugs and work cross-functionally with Developer/Project/Product teams
- Work closely with Customer Support and other internal teams to close gaps in test coverage
- Gain end-to-end journey knowledge. From the nuances of the customer journeys through to ensuring analytics and back end data stores and tools are correctly populated
What we’re looking for:
- Hands-on experience testing web apps in a variety of browsers
- Experience creating and maintaining test plans
- Strong background in manual testing e.g. exploratory testing, regression testing etc.
- Experience at using tools such as Postman and Browserstack
- Ability to isolate defects effectively, as well as provide specific conditions for reproducibility
- Self-starter comfortable working in a distributed environment
- Meticulous and detail orientated
- A good understanding of software product lifecycles
- Someone who can work with stakeholders to develop appropriate testing methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Can handle a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities at the same time
- Willingness to dig deeper into an issue to find cause and not just affect
- Keen to learn new technical/functional knowledge relevant to the role
- Experience with agile test tools and methodologies a bonus
- Automation experience a bonus
Education and Job Knowledge:
- No specific academic qualifications required - all you need is the right experience and the right attitude
Competitive salary, dependent on experience. Benefits include 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, Life, PHI and BUPA private health insurances (including dental) , bike scheme, travel loan, free breakfast cereals, sports clubs including cycling, running and football and many others. All benefits are available from first day of employment.
Please submit your application including an up to date CV.
Recruitment Agencies – Runpath recruits directly. Runpath does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies and is not responsible for any associated fees.
This position is based in Central London. All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK to be considered.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, disability, sex or age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from any persons for this role