.NET Developer (Platform)
Tech | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
At Runpath, we make finding, applying and using financial products and services easier for our partners and their customers. Since 2009, we’ve built industry leading comparison services and have been defining and building products to assist partners utilise disruptive technologies, like Open Banking. These technologies are being applied to truly revolutionise the financial sector.
In 2017, Runpath were acquired by Experian which provides us with a unique market advantage and accelerated access to credit services. By leveraging market and personal data, our offerings are improving customers' financial quality of life, enabling personalised product comparison and assessing real-time affordability.
We are a close-knit team, specialising in problem solving, interface design and data-platform development. We are passionate about delivering high-quality products and outstanding digital experiences to our customers, achieved through creativity, collaboration, experimentation and continuous learning: our people are at the heart of this. Ultimately, our success is built on passionate, motivated individuals, determined to shape the future of the financial software industry.
You and your team:
As a member of our agile (scrum) platform team you will be responsible for providing the core services that power the applications and solutions our integrators rely on. You’ll have a passion for building and shipping high-performance, robust, and efficient Azure based services that you can be proud of.
We frequently have clients working alongside us in our office and there are regular site visits, so you'll have a great insight into the problems we are solving. The typical day however is getting stuck into writing brilliant code. We're moving into some exciting new domains in the next 12 months and are growing the team to cope - there will be great opportunities for the right candidate.
We're a proud .NET house using the latest tools and feature Azure has to offer. We're using .netcore 2.0 in a growing number of services and are always keen to evaluate new features in Azure to see if we can take advantage of them. We've got a growing collection of core services running as Azure Web Apps, pushed through our environment using a combination of VSTS for source control, build and release and Octopus Deploy for the backbone of our CI pipeline.
- Strong .NET Framework Experience, ideally with .NET Core 2.0 exposure
- Entity Framework
- Databases (SQL Server/SQL Azure)
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery cycle
- Familiar with TDD or similar techniques
- Working in SOA or microservices architecture
- Progressive Azure (Functions, Cosmos DB, Redis, Key Vault, SQL Azure, Data Lake)
- Curiosity towards cutting-edge technology.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Highly organised with a strong eye for detail.
- Good with feedback, continually looking to improve and develop.
- Willing to push your team to achieve and succeed
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company matched pension contributions under the auto enrolment scheme
- Life assurance of up to 4x your salary
- BUPA private healthcare
- Free breakfast every day
- Quarterly socials (paid for by us)
- Access to free Experian products like CreditExpert and AutoChecker
- A wide range of discounts on anything from phone bills, cinema trips to your weekly shop
To apply, please submit your up-to-date CV and detailed cover letter via this site. Links to recent work or projects are helpful as are any links to personal sites (e.g. LinkedIn profile, blogs etc).
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, disability, sex or age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from any persons for this role.
A note to recruitment agencies:
Runpath does not accept unsolicited agency CVs and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.