.NET Developer in Test - 3 Month Contract
Tech | London, United Kingdom | Contract
Runpath are looking for a Developer-in-Test for an initial 3 month contract.
As a member of the platform team you will be responsible for providing the core services that power the applications and solutions our integrators rely on. Working in an agile (scrum) team you’ll have a passion for creating well designed, robust, reusable automated testing infrastructure for finding holes in code and flaws in user journeys before they get anywhere near a customer. Working closely with our developers, architects and business analysts you will grow to understand the domain we are in before defining, creating and executing on your test strategy.
We frequently have clients working alongside us in our office and there are regular site visits, so you'll have a great insight into the problems we are solving. The typical day however is getting stuck into writing brilliant code and crafting leading solutions.
Runpath (www.Runpath.com) is a fast-growing financial technology company. We are passionate about delivering high quality products and outstanding digital experiences for our users. You’ve probably used our technology and didn’t even know it – as we work with some pretty big brands such as Compare The Market, GoCompare, Which?, Confused.com. Yahoo!, Experian, AOL, MSN, BT and many more.
We're a proud .NET house using the latest tools and feature Azure has to offer. We're using .netcore 2.0 in a growing number of services and are always keen to evaluate new features in Azure to see if we can take advantage of them. We've got a growing collection of core services running as Azure Web Apps, pushed through our environment using a combination of VSTS for source control, build and release and Octopus Deploy for the backbone of our CI pipeline.
We use a variety of tools and tech to aid the testing automation of our platform and are keen to evolve them if there are better ones for the job. Currently our tool set includes MS Test with Shoudly, load testing with Visual Studio and VSTS and POSTMan / Fiddler.
- Strong .NET Framework experience, ideally with .NET Core 2.0 exposure
- Writing C# unit and integration tests at all levels of an application
- Creating tests against REST APIs
- Understanding of automated testing frameworks
- Awareness of Databases (SQL Server/SQL Azure)
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery cycle (Ideally using VSTS to support this)
- Working in SOA or microservices architecture
- Ability to take a holistic view of a platform and define the test strategy.
- Curiosity towards cutting-edge technology.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Highly organised with a strong eye for detail.
- Good with feedback, continually looking to improve and develop.
- Willing to push your team to achieve and succeed
- Sense of humour